Friday, October 30, 2015

NaNoWriMo 2015 Prep: All the Things!

NaNoWriMo is almost upon us! Need some last-minute inspiration? Here is a breakdown of all the awesome NaNoPrep articles that were featured this month.

Plotting

Anti-Plotting

  • Devin Harnois shared the joys of writing out of order. "It started when I was stressed out and distracted during NaNoWriMo and didn’t want to give up my winning streak (I’m currently 8 for 8). So I decided I was going to write whatever scene I came up with next, whether that was in order or not."
  • Ruth Kaufman discussed anti-plotting. "You’ve probably read that "what if" (WI) is a great generating tool. Such as, what if a bride ran away from her wedding? If you WI and question each idea, you can expand and expand."
  • Roxy Mews talked about NaNo Prep for pantsers. "NaNoWriMo taught me a new term. “Pantser”. A “Pantser” is someone who does no or very little preparation before they start. They turn on their computer and write."

Writing Routine

Inspiration

Pep Talks

No comments: