Monday, September 7, 2015

Book Tour: Interview with Nina Croft

Interview

1. What flavor is your writing?

A little bit bitter, then a whole lot of sweet. One of the reasons I write romance is I love a happy ending, but I also like my characters to suffer before they get there.

2. If this book was made into a movie, who would you cast to play the characters?

Scarlett Johansson for Daisy and Alex Skarsgard for Fergal.

3. What is your favorite scene in Blood and Metal?

I think my favorite scene is after Daisy and Fergal first try and get it together—not very successfully. Perhaps because it was the first real sign that there was more between them than just sex. Here’s a snippet:

Daisy crouched on all fours, head hanging like an exhausted dog as she fought the urge to throw up again. But there was nothing left. The contents of her stomach were splattered all over the floor and all over Fergal. The scene looked like something from a slaughterhouse.

He was still on the ground but up on his elbows, regarding her with a wary expression. Who could blame him? She’d lost it completely. If he’d been an ordinary human, he’d be dead.

It had felt so good. As she’d relaxed into the feelings, eased up on her control, something had woken inside her. But by the time she’d recognized the danger, it was too late and the darkness had taken her over, filled her.

Only the foul taste of Fergal’s blood had brought her back.

She was naked, a pulse throbbing between her legs.

Crap. Bet he thinks I’m sexy now. Not.

Finally, she sat back on her heels, forced herself to look into Fergal’s face. “Sorry.” He snorted but didn’t speak, and she gave a small shrug. “You probably have naked girls puking on you all the time.”

“It’s my technique.”

He looked so serious, lying in his blood and vomit-spattered uniform, that a giggle rose up inside her.

His eyes widened as she laughed, but a grin curved his lips, followed by a look of resignation. “Well, that didn’t go as planned. You know how long it’s been since I was with a naked woman? Too fucking long. Shit, my dick’s still hard even after all that.”

She glanced down at his groin. Definitely still hard. God, she wanted that erection. Life—or she supposed death in her case—sucked sometimes.
4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I’m re-reading Game of Thrones, because I loved it the first time, and I’m also reading a historical novel set in WW11, The Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah, and finally, a how-to-write book, Spellbinding Sentences, by Barbara Baig.

5. What are you working on now?

I’m writing book 6 in my Dark Desires series, Flying through Fire. And I’m editing a contemporary romance, Her Fantasy Husband, book 2 in my Things to do before you Die series (book 1, His Fantasy Girl releases in October.)

Think Fast Questions

Coffee or tea?

Tea, then coffee, then more coffee.

Cats or dogs?

Dogs, if I have to choose, but I have cats as well.

Series or standalone?

Series – I love that moment when you finish book one and realize there’s a whole load more out there.

Winter or summer?

Definitely summer.

Print or e-book?

ebook – I love long books and ebooks are so much easier to hold up for long periods. Plus, I live a long way from the nearest bookshop, and I hate waiting. I can buy ebooks at the click of a button.

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Book Blurb

Copilot of the Blood Hunter, Daisy is a newly-turned vampire, and she's hungry. Really hungry and it’s interfering with her plans for revenge. Unfortunately, the only thing that can distract her from said hunger is sex...which is a problem when she can barely refrain from draining any man dry within moments. But old flame Fergal Cain might just be the sexy-assed solution to her problem.

Part human, part cyborg, and with a poison coursing through his system, Fergal's running out of time to find the scientist who has the cure. Unfortunately for him, the misfit crew of the Blood Hunter put a serious kink in his plans. And if the poison doesn't kill him, the hot little vamp he can't resist might do the honors herself...

Blood and Metal is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

About the Author

Nina Croft grew up in the north of England. After training as an accountant, she spent four years working as a volunteer in Zambia, which left her with a love of the sun and a dislike of nine-to-five work. She then spent a number of years mixing travel (whenever possible) with work (whenever necessary) but has now settled down to a life of writing and picking almonds on a remote farm in the mountains of southern Spain.

Nina writes all types of romance, often mixed with elements of the paranormal and science fiction.

Links

No comments: