Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Tour Tuesday: Dragon's Guide to Slaying Virgins

Interview

1. What flavor is your writing?

It’s evolved quite a bit in a short period of time. I started off as PNR and have become Fantasy that can be really sexy at times. I’ve also had my work called feminist fairy tales quite a bit.

2. If this book was made into a movie, who would you cast to play the characters?

Wow, this is a REALLY hard question. Probably as follows.

Morgan - Anne Hathaway
Heather - China Anne McClain (If you don’t know who she is, she is totally one to watch)
Young - Douglas Booth
Vallen - Theo James

3. What is your favorite scene in Dragon's Guide to Slaying Virgins?

My personal favorite is a battle scene where the characters are defending the City of Maht. You really get so see Morgan in some of her finest heroine moments. From protecting people she loves to throwing herself off giant Dwarven war machines hundreds of feet above the ground.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I’m in love with Mimi Jean Pamfiloff’s King series and Mermen series. They are dark, gritty and sexy as hell. Her new Mac story releases its first book this fall and I can hardly wait.

Along with that I have: Thief of Songs by MCA Hogarth, Dragon Fall by Katie MacAlister due out this summer, and High Heels in New York by AV Scott.

5. What are you working on now?

Oh my, well Bunny Be Were is due out this fall. It’s a whole new series I’m starting. It’s a bit grittier and darker. More of an Urban Fantasy.

I’m also working on this year’s holiday book and my super-secret YA project.

Think Fast Questions


Coffee or tea?

Coffee

Cats or dogs?

Cats but I like most animals.

Series or standalone?

Depends on my mood.

Winter or summer?

Neither, autumn.

Print or e-book?

E-book, easier to read in the dark.

You can find out more about Isabelle at these links:

Blurb

Lady Morgan is a Knight of Queen Mab’s court. She’s earned it too – while most other Fae were playing tricks and using come-hither glamours on the unsuspecting, she was out saving the day – and finding true love. But when fate steals her one shot at happiness, Morgan decides to find out if there really is no job, too big to handle alone. Armed with a strong sword arm, a never-ending supply of wit, and very little magic, she is willing to take on the most dangerous of enemies…

Vallen is what most knights would consider their mortal enemy: a Dragon. He’s also Sir Vallen, a member of an ancient order, and the years since he joined have made him as hard and grumpy on the inside as he is scaly on the outside. His honor would never allow him to take the easy path, though, only the right one… which leaves him in something of a predicament when he first meets Lady Morgan…

When the strings of fate cross, Knight and Dragon set aside their differences to fight a common foe – and find the second chance at love they never knew they were looking for.

Dragon's Guide to Slaying Virgins is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and Kobo.

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Excerpt

“And like you, I lost the love of my life.” He reached up and absently stroked my hair down my back.

“Does it get easier and hurt less with time?” I asked.

“Yes, but it can take a very long time.” I closed my eyes at his words. I could picture Simon’s smiling face, his red hair falling free of its pony tail so that strands fell in his face. His eyes were so dark they were almost black, but they sparkled so when he smiled. A tear ran down my cheek. Vallen moved his hand and reached up to wipe it away. “I promise there will be justice for what Avery has done to you.”

I tried to smile, knowing he meant it. Right now, though, I didn’t want to think about Avery. “Thank you,” I whispered.

There was a knock on the door and then Young opened it without waiting for any word from us. He took one look at the two of us wrapped in each other’s arms and blushed clear through his scalp. He averted his gaze and walked close enough to set the clothes down on the chair. “I’m sorry, I didn’t expect… You and the Lady… and I’m leaving.” He grabbed the tray and disappeared back out the door before we could correct his misconception.

Vallen growled and lowered his arms from around me. “I’m sorry. He has the wrong idea and it’s my fault. I’ll go find him and explain.” He shifted and winced.

“Wait. You shouldn’t be up yet. I can go,” I offered.

He shook his head. “This is my fault.” With a deep breath he pushed himself out of bed and groaned in pain.

Without meaning to I raked my eyes over him. Every inch of his body was covered in thick muscle. He wasn’t bulging, but just looking at him you knew he was powerful. His body was covered in scars and bandages that told the tales of a life lived in the service of others. His dark hair had blue streaks in it, reminding me of a Fairy. His backside was like no backside I had ever seen in person. It looked like it should be made of stone and attached to a statue in Queen Mab’s palace. He turned, giving me full view of his manhood. I had always heard they grew when excited, but with his there in plain view I couldn’t imagine it growing larger, as it was already more than I would have ever known what to do with. He cleared his throat and my eyes flew up to meet his gaze. “My Lady, I believe my eyes are up here.”

I blushed and tugged the blankets over my head, wanting in that very moment to die after being caught staring. He must have finished dressing because I heard him cross the room, followed by the sounds of the door opening and closing. Only after my breathing had returned to normal did I push the blankets off of my head and struggle to the side of the bed.

About the Author

Isabelle Saint-Michael is a cupcake enthusiast, shoe addict, and globetrotter. She is known for her sense of adventure and geeky hobbies. She is frequently seen haunting coffee shops and pubs into the wee hours of the morning. No matter where she goes, shenanigans and mirth are never far behind.

1 comment:

Isabelle Saint-Michael said...

Thank you so much for hosting me on the tour today! I hope everyone has a chance to win. Good luck!