Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Author Tuesday: Interview with Suzanne M. Sabol

Interview

1. What flavor is your writing?

I write darkly intense books. They tend to be on the graphic side with sarcasm as one of the main ingredients. I’m funny, in a vicious and almost fatalistic kind of way. I like to keep things moving and the pace quick so that you don’t have time to recover from the first punch before I hit you with the second and the third.

2. If this book was made into a movie, who would you cast to play the characters?

Dahlia – this would have to be Natalie Dormer (from GoT). She’s got that look that could see right through you and bring a man to his knees.
Patrick – Henry Cavill. He has that cool sophistication that embodies Patrick.
Dean – Channing Tatum is a great fit for Dean’s bulky masculinity. Not to mention that not everyone can pull off completely bald and still make a girl quack in her boots. I think Channing Tatum could do it.

3. What is your favorite scene in Emerald Fire?

In Emerald Fire, there’s a scene in one of Patrick’s clubs where Dahlia and Alex are killing some zombies. The interaction between Dahlia, Alex, and the new comer – Isidro – are some of my favorite. I love that Isidro doesn’t quite know what to do with Dahlia and that she isn’t buying any of his charm.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

There is a lot of Sherrilyn Kenyon on my TBR pile. I read her League series but I just started her Dark Hunter series and I might be in L-O-V-E.

5. What are you working on now?

Right now I’m working on a few things, The Blushing Death #7, a new series set in an alternate Demon Universe. I’m really excited about that one and just the world I’ve created for it. Finally, I’m working on a paranormal dystopian series and working the kinks out of that one.

Links

You can find out more about Suzanne at these links:

Book Blurb

As the Blushing Death, Dahlia Sabin has overcome much to be with the men she loves but attempting to settle into a new life and juggling two Alpha males isn’t easy, and the strain is starting to show. As the stakes become higher with each new threat, their growing power and Dahlia’s magical ability can’t be ignored by the vampire ruling council.

As bodies start piling up around Columbus and a dark magic makes its presence known, a high-ranking vampire board member invades Dahlia’s territory. A threat? A spy? Isidro’s dark eyes and intentions are dangerous. With the world closing in around them and the threat to their very existence growing, Dahlia, Patrick, and Dean move to solidify their magical bonds. But Baba Yaga wants her due and has plans for Dahlia all her own. Dahlia may be able to survive an army of zombies, but can she out strategize a millennia-old witch and survive with everyone intact?

Now available at Amazon.

No comments: