Thursday, June 18, 2015

Author Thursday: Interview with Elizabeth Harmon

I'm super excited to have Elizabeth Harmon back as my guest today! In case you missed it, I LOVED the hero in Pairing Off, and I'm looking forward to reading Turning it On.

So without further ago, here's Elizabeth!


Hi everyone! I’m excited to be back on Robyn’s Author Thursday, sharing news about my upcoming release, “Turning It On,” which comes out June 29. It’s the second book in my Carina Press Red Hot Russians series, and like my debut novel “Pairing Off,” “Turning It On” features a sweet and sexy Russian hero, and adds a new element- Reality TV.

1. What flavor is your writing?

If I had to choose something edible (or drinkable) to describe my writing, I’d choose a medium-bodied red wine, like a merlot. Something a bit lighter than other reds, with dark and tangy flavors to balance out the sweetness.

2. If this book was made into a movie, who would you cast to play the characters?

For the role of Vlad, my choice isn’t an actor, but a dancer; Dancing With The Stars’ Val Chmerskovskiy. Anyone who has ever watched the show knows Val has the moves and the looks to play a seriously sexy male stripper. But he also has a gentle, patient side, which fits Vlad too. As Hannah, I’d cast either Kat Dennings from Two Broke Girls, or Gennifer Goodwin from Once Upon A Time. Kat embodies Hannah’s looks, while Ginnifer captures her intelligence and refined personality. Incidentally, I would cast Ginnifer’s “Once” co-star and real-life husband Josh Dallas as Hannah’s fiancĂ© Jack.

3. What is your favorite scene in Turning It On?

I have two. One is when Vlad follows a distraught Hannah down to the water to comfort her, but since this is reality TV, she doesn’t quite believe he isn’t wearing a hidden microphone. The only way to prove he isn’t, is by taking it all off . Another favorite scene is when Hannah films the show’s final episode, how Vlad’s reacts when he sees it. I won’t give away any spoilers, but I had teary eyes and goosebumps while writing it, and it still gets to me, even after reading it dozens of times.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I’ve just started Bella Andre’s “It Must Be Your Love,” which hadn’t been on my lengthy TBR list, though she is an author I’ve been meaning to read. The back cover copy grabbed me. The hero is a rock star…what can I say? Since I usually have a non-fiction book going too, I’m looking forward to Laura Vanderkam’s “I Know How She Does It,” about how busy women juggle multiple responsibilities without going crazy.

5. What are you working on now?

I’m currently in the midst of writing the third Red Hot Russians book, “Getting It Back.” Sexy, charming Mikhail Zaitsev, is a gold medalist figure skater determined to make a comeback, and Amy Shepherd is a beautiful American athletic trainer who travels to Russia to help him do it…but is equally determined not to fall in love. It’s scheduled for release in March, 2016.

You can find out more about Elizabeth at these links:
Book editor Hannah Levinson couldn’t be happier. This “Nice Jewish Girl” is ready to marry the man she’s longed after for half her life. When her fiancĂ© suggests they audition for Last Fling, a steamy new reality show for engaged couples, she lets herself be swayed. Maybe she’ll learn a thing or two.

Vlad Shustov’s fall from a once-bright career as a competitive figure skater was swift. Now trapped by a shameful past and an uncertain future, “Vlad the Bad” strips for cash. Joining the cast of Last Fling could earn him a fortune—or at least enough to finally leave stripping. But to win the show’s prize, he must seduce an engaged woman, something he can't even bear the thought of.

Hannah's not like any woman Vlad's met before. Betrayed by the man she thought she loved and relegated to the ugly-duckling role she’d worked so hard to shed, can she trust there’s more to Vlad than meets the eye? With sleazy TV tactics shattering the last shreds of the contestants' confidence, they'll have to believe true happiness is not only possible...it may be looking right at them.

Turning it On is available for pre-order at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Google Play, Kobo, and iBooks.

6 comments:

Elizabeth Harmon said...

Robyn, so glad you liked Anton from Pairing Off and I hope you enjoy reading Vlad's story too. Thanks for having me as your guest today.

Robyn Bachar said...

It sounds awesome! I'm looking forward to it. :)

Tory Ferrera said...

I love the cover for Turning it On! Looking forward to meeting Vlad the bad!

Blythe said...

Ah, those Chmerskovskiy brothers... Who can resist? Fun premise!

Elizabeth Harmon said...

Blythe- Had to watch several videos of the Chmerkovskiy bros dancing sans shirts...all in the name of research, naturally. Love my job.;)

Robyn Bachar said...

Best. Research. Ever.