Thursday, May 28, 2015

Author Thursday: Interview with Yolanda Sfetsos

Today I'm super excited to welcome Yolanda Sfetsos back to Author Thursday!

She's fabulous. :) And she's here to talk about the newest book in her sci-fi RECAST series. It sounds awesome! I love the cover (but I love all of Kanaxa's covers). ;)

1. What flavor is your writing?

I think my writing would be dark chocolate and salted caramel ice cream. There’s always a dark edge, but it’s balanced out with a good dose of smooth sensuality that takes you on a dangerous ride and leads to a sweet ending.

Okay. Maybe that’s laying it on a bit thick, but I think I need to eat some ice cream now… ;)

2. If this book was made into a movie, who would you cast to play the characters?

Taylor and Walsh were actually inspired by a certain look in two actual actors. Taylor looks like a short-haired Brittany Daniel. Walsh looks like a buff and scruffy Adrien Brody. Not sure if I would want these two actors to play them in an actual movie, but hey, that’s who I had in mind at the time.

Actually, I take that back. They should totally play Walsh and Taylor.

3. What is your favorite scene in DASH?

I like a lot of scenes in this story because I had a great time writing them. But if I have to pick one, I’m going with the scene that touched me the most. A scene that takes place towards the end of the story, and I constantly refer to as my Tribute to WALL-E. I can’t say any more than that without spoilers, though.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

OMGosh. My TBR pile has been out of control for a long time and I have a feeling it will stay that way forever. LOL.

I’ve decided to stop getting overwhelmed by the number of amazing books that I want to read (right now!) and just take one at a time. Small steps, because I also want to finish a bunch of series and trilogies that I’ve left dangling because I didn’t want them to end.

I’m starting with BANISHING THE DARK by Jenn Bennett. I’m going to be sad when Arcadia’s series is over, but I need to know how it all ends…

5. What are you working on now?

At the moment I’m in the process of revising an urban fantasy novel. I’ve got one more draft left to do before I call it done. It’s actually the second Sierra Fox spin-off book I’ve written and features a character called Willow. If you’ve read the series you know exactly who that is! ;)

When I get this finalized and submitted, I want to concentrate on writing the last two RECAST books. I’d like to write them back to back because both stories are SO ready to be told.

You can find out more about Yolanda at these links:
She escaped the arena of death, but trusting him might be the death of her.
RECAST, Book 4

Taylor may be the Clash Arena’s most dominant—and only—female gladiator, but today she just can’t catch a break. After winning yet another brutal fight, with the arena inexplicably falling down around her ears, she jumps at the chance to escape the prison of her subterranean pit.

Instead, she finds herself knocked unconscious more times than she can count, and pursued over the edge of a sea cliff by an AI enforcer she can’t shake off her heels.

Walsh has been living a double life, masquerading as a tyrant’s enforcer while hiding his true agenda. When the despicable arena falls, there’s only one thing on his mind—saving the savage blonde who doesn’t trust him as far as she can throw him. Which is a considerable distance.

Once he convinces her he’s not out to kill her but help her survive, they form an uneasy alliance. But Taylor senses he’s keeping a secret, not just from her, but about her. And the truth will show them exactly what it is to be human.

Warning: This book contains some girl-on-girl action, a kick-ass gladiator who takes no crap, an AI who puts it all on the line, a band of misfits who aren’t as merry as they seem, cute tadpoles with sharp teeth, and grip-you-by-the-hair kisses. Strap in, interstellar turbulence is a bitch.

Dash is available now at Samhain Publishing | Kindle | Kobo | iTunes | Google Play | NOOK Book | ARe
Wife. Mother. Writer. Bibliophile. Dreamer. Animal lover. Intrigued by the supernatural. Horror freak. Zombie enthusiast. Movie & music fan. Slave to her muse.

Yolanda lives in Sydney, Australia with her awesome husband, lovely daughter, and cheeky cat.

No comments: