Thursday, January 15, 2015

Author Thursday: Interview with Barbara Meyers

Today's guest is fellow Samhain author Barbara Meyers, and she's talking about Nobody's Fool. If you're a fan of the "heroine comes back to her home town" trope, you'll want to check this one out. :-)

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

Contemporary which I describe as “sweet, spicy, sexy.” My books contain one, two or all three of those elements.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

That is hard to say. Anywhere/anything/everywhere/everything/everybody. You never know where an idea will come from. A snatch of overheard conversation, a situation, a name. As an author you can take the simplest idea and turn it and twist and shape it into a story. NOBODY’S FOOL, for example was inspired by my son’s relationship with the woman he’s now engaged to. They’ve known and loved each other for over fifteen years and were best friends in high school. Although the book is in no way based on the two of them, I lifted a few of the elements of their story, rearranged or completely changed them and used it in mine.

3. What is your favorite thing about being an author?

The fact that I work from my bedroom. That I can “work” any time. I make my own schedule. I can work in my PJ’s before I take a shower and no one cares if I haven’t yet brushed my teeth!

The other thing I love is seeing my work in print. When I get a proof I get so excited. I scan through it and get stuck reading certain sections even though I’ve read them fifty times already. I love knowing I’m leaving a little legacy behind, a little piece of me.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

Right at this moment as I’m answering these questions, I just started Laura Castoro’s Icing on the Cake. Next up is Sorry by Zoran Drvenkar.

5. What are you working on now?

I’m never happy unless I have two or three things going at the same time. One is Cleo’s Web, a romantic comedy. The other is untitled, about a lonely widower who finds himself looking after a baby. When I put my pen name hat on and become AJ Tillock, I hope to finish my second Grinding Reality series book entitled Cool Beans. Also, watch for WHAT A RICH WOMAN WANTS (May 2015). It’s the fourth Braddock Brotherhood book.

You can find out more about Barbara at these links:
She’s home to make amends. He’s out to get a little revenge.

The heart he breaks could be his own.

The Jolie Kramer who left Oak Ridge at eighteen isn’t the same one who’s home for her ten-year high school reunion. The old Jolie hid her secrets and insecurities behind her popular-girl image.

The new Jolie has returned triumphant from NYC older, wiser, and ready to make amends for the bridges she burned. Especially the one between her and Court Harrison, her biggest supporter since childhood.

Court hates to admit he’s still hung up on Jolie, and he’s vowed to finally put the past way, way behind him. She wants to kiss and make up? He’ll give her a taste of her own medicine. Make her fall for him—only this time, he’ll be the one walking away.

But his plan works a little too well, and by the time he realizes their feelings are real, it’s too late. She’s onto him, and he’s lost the only woman he’ll ever want. Unless she falls for plan B, which contains two things she can’t resist: a career challenge, and a chance to get a little revenge of her own.

1 comment:

Barbara Meyers said...

Thanks for interviewing me, Robyn.