Thursday, December 4, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with A. Catherine Noon

Today's guest is the all-around awesome A. Catherine Noon. She's a Romance Diva, a NaNoWriMo Municipal Liaison, a textile artist (when does she find time to sleep?) and more! She's talking about her book SEALED BY FIRE, which I bought the second after I finished reading the blurb because it's totally my catnip.

Enjoy!

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Paranormal? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

LOL! I love the “all of the above” answer. I write all sorts of things. What Rachel and I have published, so far, is M/M romance in the urban fantasy genre as well as science fantasy.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

I am inspired by all sorts of things. I think in images, and a potent one can help me see a scene or a character. Sometimes it’s an image of a person, such as an actor or model. Other times it’s a setting, such as a road leading down a tree-lined lane or a cityscape. It depends. Songs will inspire me too – sometimes directly, if the lyrics suggest a story; other times by the mood they invoke.

3. What is your favorite thing about being an author?

I adore telling stories. Being an author lets me do that and get paid. I’d write even if it didn’t make me money; that I get to sell books is a privilege and really fun because it lets me buy yarn and travel, two other favorite things.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I’m reading a book by Deb Dixon called Goal, Motivation, Conflict, as well as several knitting books. I’m a calligrapher, and just bought several books on Celtic knotwork and art. I’m excited to give them a try.

5. What are you working on now?

This week, Rachel (my coauthor) and I are working on getting Book 3 of the Chicagoland Shifters series out the door, which is called Cat’s Cradle. It’s Mitch’s book, and we get to explore one of our favorite characters in detail. Having a ball!

You can find out more at these links:

SEALED BY FIRE is available from LooseId LLC. An All Romance eBooks Bestseller!

The Chicagoland Shifters series:
Book 1 BURNING BRIGHT, available from Samhain Publishing.
Book 2 TIGER TIGER, available from Samhain Publishing. An All Romance eBooks Bestseller!

The Persis Chronicles:
**Coming Soon!** Watch for EMERALD KEEP from Torquere Books, out April 2015!
Check out EMERALD FIRE, available from Torquere Books.
Check out "Seeking Hearts", available from Torquere Books.

Check out COOK LIKE A WRITER , available from Barnes and Noble.
Check out "Taking a Chance", available from Torquere Books! An All Romance eBooks Bestseller!

My links: Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon | LinkedIn | Pandora
Knoontime Knitting: Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Ravelry
Noon and Wilder links: Blog | Taurus and Taurus (NSFW) | Website | Facebook
The Writer Zen Garden: The Writers Retreat Blog | Forum | Facebook | Twitter | Meetup
Team Blogs: Nightlight | Nightlight FB Page | Beyond the Veil | BtV FB Page | Nice Girls Writing Naughty | NGW FB | NGW Twitter

SEALED BY FIRE, by A. Catherine Noon and Rachel Wilder

Vanya is a sorcerer’s apprentice who finally achieves his goal, initiation as a sorcerer--only to find that he, himself, is the intended sacrifice in their ritual. When the ritual goes wrong, his master flees and he is left with the creature that his master summons.

Stranded on this side of the portal, Nash is a powerful being with only one desire--find the sorcerer who stranded him and wreak his revenge. Vanya agrees to help, and in the process, he and Nash find more than they ever bargained for: love, friendship, and belonging.

Can they protect themselves against the sorcerer’s growing power, or will he destroy all that they hold dear?

5 comments:

A. Catherine Noon said...

Thank you for hosting me, Robyn! It's my pleasure to be here. :)

Darla M Sands said...

Excellent interview. Thanks to both of you! And "Sealed by Fire" is an excellent read.

A. Catherine Noon said...

Thanks, Darla! Robyn gives good questions. :)

I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Thanks!

Robyn Bachar said...

She gives good answers. ;) And I just started reading it!

A. Catherine Noon said...

Aww. ~blush~ Thank you, on both counts!