Thursday, September 25, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Shannyn Schroeder

Today's guest is author Shannyn Schroeder. The first book in her Hot and Nerdy trilogy releases September 29th, and that may be the best series name ever. Love it. :) Shannyn read an excerpt from Her Best Shot at the August Lady Jane's Salon--Naperville, and it was awesome. I'm excited to have her here today.

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

I write contemporary romance on the spicy side.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

I get inspiration from everywhere. I watch TV (way too much), I read, and I watch people. Sometimes, it’s a small thing that will be a springboard for a character and then I let my imagination take over.

3. What was your favorite part about writing the Hot and Nerdy books?

This is a tough one to answer. I think the research was probably the most fun for me. I have a math geek who learns how to play pool. The guy teaching her is a gypsy. I have a gamer/hacker girl who meets up with an old boyfriend at a Comic Con. I have a science nerd who makes her own perfume who meets a teacher on plane.

I have exactly zero experience with all of the above (except for the teacher). I had to research everything and it was a ton of fun. No, I don’t play pool or video games, and I still can’t make my own perfume, but I learned a lot of stuff about each of those things.

4. What are you reading now, or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

So, so, so many things in my TBR pile. I suffer from the dreaded disease one-click syndrome. I continuously purchase far too many books for my Kindle than I will actually ever be able to read. Right now I’m just starting Shannon Stacey’s Taken With You (Kowalskis #8). I’m a book behind on this series, but it’s easily one of my favorite series.

5. What are you working on now?

At the moment, I’m under deadline drafting the last of the O’Leary books, my contemporary romance series. This is Maggie’s story. She’s the youngest of the O’Learys and hers is a friends-to-lovers story.

You can find out more about Shannyn at these links:

Her Best Shot

With college graduation looming, three childhood friends vow to make spring break their last blast of pure fun. But at least one of them didn’t count on such incredible heat…

Layla Sharpe is definitely more math ninja than bikini babe, and her future has been calculated with razor precision. Convinced to let loose over spring break, Layla is finally ready to party—until her car breaks down halfway to her destination, leaving her stranded in Georgia with a mouthwateringly hot pool shark. She knows more than enough about angles to learn the game, but this week she wants him to appreciate her curves…

Phin Marks has never met a girl like Layla. She’s more Star Wars geek than seductress, and when he offers her a place to stay while her car is in the shop, he’s counting on the attraction between them to set the nights ablaze, no strings attached. But every moment he spends with Layla makes it harder to let her go. Can he persuade her to gamble in the most dangerous way possible…on forever?

3 comments:

Shannyn Schroeder said...

Thanks so much for hosting me today. It was great meeting you too!

Pamala Knight said...

What a wonderful interview! A lovely sneak peek at the Hot Geek Girls and I can't wait to read them all! Thanks for giving some insight into your excellent characters and the research you do to make them real :) Great job!

Melonie said...

That Lady Jane's event was so much fun! As wife to a retro-game geek, I LOVE the hot and nerdy series concept ;)