Thursday, August 14, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Amanda Young

Today's guest is bestselling author Amanda Young! She writes in a variety of sub-genres and has excellent taste in music. (Seriously, you should check out her web site.) I'm glad to have her here today. :-)

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Historical? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

I mostly stick with contemporary, although I will write the odd paranormal title now and then when the mood strikes.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

My inspiration for stories comes from all over. I've had books inspired by music, movies, friends, even eavesdropping on strangers in public.

3. The “Music I Love” feature on your website is awesome. Do you listen to music while you write, or are you an author who needs complete silence?

I don't listen to music while I write. I need to concentrate on my thoughts and it's hard to do that if I'm singing.

[Robyn note: I suffer from this problem too. I have a Film Score channel on my Pandora radio so I have something without lyrics to listen to while writing. That way I can enjoy the music without singing along. ;-)]

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I wouldn't know where to begin. I have a huge TBR file. At the moment, I'm reading Escape From Zombie Island by Ray Wallace. Chances are I'll be done with it by bedtime and on to the next when I catch another spare moment to read.

5. What are you working on now?

I'm currently working on a contemporary M/M/F menage novel that has been on the back burner for several years. I don't have a blurb or even a firm title at the moment, but it's a bit of a reunion story. I haven't published a menage title in over seven years, so I'm pretty excited about this one.

You can find out more about Amanda at these links:
A bestselling author of erotic romance, Amanda Young penned her first romance at eighteen. Being pure rubbish, that novel was prompted deleted before it could traumatize innocent readers. After several years of honing her craft, Amanda went on to receive her first publishing contract in 2006.

A vivid imagination and a passion for all the things that go bump in the night has led Amanda to create provocative stories that push boundaries and dare readers to expand their comfort zones. Since she tends to write whatever strikes her fancy, her novels fall into many different subgenres. Among her available titles you’ll find contemporary and paranormal settings, gay and straight themes alike.

Amanda Young lives in Virginia with her husband, daughter, and two pampered pooches. When she’s not writing, she can usually be found chasing after a mischievous toddler or daydreaming about the characters in her next book. She loves to hear from her readers, and can be found on Facebook and Twitter. Her website, www.amandayoung.org, is where you can find up-to-date information on all of Amanda’s current and upcoming releases.

1 comment:

Amanda Young said...

Thanks for having me on your blog, Robyn. :D