Thursday, July 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Harlequin World's Best Romances from 1996

I've been cleaning out the attic lately, and I discovered these Harlequin's World's Best Romances magazines. (Also, I found the first romance novel I officially read!) (As opposed to the actual first romance I read, which I have no idea what the title, author, or plot was, other than it was contemporary 2-books-in-1 combo that I snuck out of my mom's nightstand.)

Behold, the awesome:

March/April 1996: Is she sleeping? Melting? I love her jeans. I think I owned those jeans. And guys, please to enjoy this bonus art from the back cover:

Him: My neckerchief, let me show you it. Her: *swoon*

Ain't nothin' sexier than a man in a bright yellow shirt with a green neckerchief. Amirite, ladies? Even that horse is checking him out.

May/June 1996: Is that the same guy from the last issue? Scandalous! :-o Look at his perfect hair. The giant dad wristwatch. The random man ring. The fabulous high-waist jeans. So much light denim. I'm guessing that her inner monologue is "I can see up your nose."

July/August 1996: OMG IS THAT THE HOFF??? Also, she looks like she's about to burst into song, doesn't she? "THE HILLS ARE ALIVE, WITH THE SOUND OF DENIM..." And neckerchiefs. Because reasons.

September/October 1996: Behold the 90s businesswoman's power suit. I'm pretty sure Scully wore this outfit on an episode of X-Files.

I also found an absolutely fabulous treasure trove of 90s Nancy Drews. Oh yes. The khaki shorts, people. THE WHITE SNEAKERS. I will share them at some point soon.

No comments: