Thursday, July 24, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Tracey Devlyn

I'm thrilled to have Tracey Devlyn as my guest today. Tracey is a co-founder of Lady Jane’s Salon-Naperville along with Adrienne Giordano, who was interviewed here last week.

Tracey is an award-winning author who writes historical romantic thrillers, which as she puts it involve "a slightly more grievous journey toward the heroine’s happy ending." (BFF Diana, take note, for this is your catnip.) Tracey's answer to question 3 is awesome. I think it's my new favorite answer. ;) I just started reading her book A Lady's Revenge.

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Historical? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

I write sexy historical romantic suspense novels. My heroines tend to be unconventional for the Regency period – spy, underground informant/entrepreneur, apothecary-surgeon...

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

My inspiration comes from everywhere - conversations, articles, TV, snippets from reference books—a multitude of places. Sometimes the story itself can inspire unique ideas. Last week, I handed in NIGHT STORM, Book 1 of my new series, Bones and Gemstones (October 2014). The heroine’s occupation as an apothecary-surgeon came to be out of necessity. In A LADY’S SECRET WEAPON (Nexus series), I needed a healer to set the hero’s dislocated shoulder. Voila! Now, Charlotte (aka Charley) has her own series. :)

3. I love the idea of historical romantic thrillers. What’s your favorite part of writing them?

Surprising readers. I love to take readers to uncomfortable places and make them say, “She wouldn’t, would she?”

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

These days, I do most of my reading via audiobooks. Just finished listening to DIRTY LITTLE SECRETS by Liliana Hart. Right now, I’m listening to Julia London’s MATERIAL GIRL. Queued up next: DRAGONFURY by Coreene Callahan and CHARMING THE SHREW by Laurin Wittig.

5. What are you working on now?

At the encouragement of my readers, I’ve decided to re-publish my first short story—HIS SECRET DESIRE—in August. This is a sweet Regency romance originally published through The Wild Rose Press. It’ll be great to see Julian and Lily available again. Huge thanks to my readers for giving me the nudge.

I’m also gearing up to write the fifth book in my Nexus series, SHEV. Really excited about this hero and heroine. It’s my first Governess-Lord or the Manor story. SHEV will have my signature suspense angle, though I suspect this will prove to be my most humorous work yet.

You can find out more about Tracey at these Links:
A LADY’S SECRET WEAPON

Seduction is His Duty to King and Country

Ethan deBeau has charmed his way into the beds of countless women, enticing them to whisper state secrets in his ear. But his latest assignment is completely different: find a missing young boy. It's practically child's play for a master spy such as Ethan. Until Miss Sydney Hunt threatens to unravel all his carefully laid plans. Who in the world is this woman?

But Tempting Her is All for Pleasure

Sydney has worked hard to maintain a facade of respectability--all while keeping a network of contacts among London's underground world. When she hears of strange activities at a local home for orphans, she's determined to find out what's really going on. Until she runs headlong into a notorious rake eager to expose every inch of her...

5 comments:

Delene Yochum said...

Great Interview with Tracey Devlyn!

Tracey Parker said...

Can't wait to read this new book! Sounds great! Thanks for the wonderful interview!

Heather said...

Great interview! Sounds like there is a lot of good stuff coming up!

Brooke Bumgardner said...

Awesome interview! So much to look forward to reading from you. :)

Tracey Devlyn said...

Ladies, thanks so much for stopping by! I'm really looking forward to this fall.