Thursday, July 31, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Pippa Jay

Pippa Jay is one of the awesome authors of the SFR Brigade, and I'm excited to have her here today. :) (The Tales from the SFR Brigade anthology is a free read, and it's very cool. You want to read it. I discovered many new-to-me sci-fi romance authors thanks to it.) Pippa's new book Tethered is out now. Check out that gorgeous cover!


1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

For my latest release I'd say spicy space opera action adventure romance. Hmm, too many words?! Mostly I'd describe them as high action, character driven adventures, sometimes with romance.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

Absolutely anywhere and from everything. But for Tethered it started off with a conversation on Twitter about under-represented mythological creatures. I had a vague idea for a succubus story, which I then put a scifi twist on.

3. What was your favorite part of working on your new release?

I had a sparring scene between my two MCs, which they both very much enjoyed and it's one of my favourite bits in the book. But to make all the moves authentic, I read up on hand to hand combat and learned a few things, and watched a few DVDs like Fifth Element and Farscape, to see how the heroines fought and to give me some ideas.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I have about 200 books on my Kindle. I'm so bad! But I'm looking forward to finding some new to me authors that will become my favourites. I've just read and enjoyed In the Black by Sheryl Nantus, Collateral Damage by KS Augustin, Spark Rising by Kate Corcino (not yet available to everyone, bwahahaa!), Sovran's Pawn by JC Cassels, Caught in Amber by Cathy Pegau, and Dragonfly by Erica Hayes.

5. What are you working on now?

I'm currently working on a futuristic UF angel story, I have another release in less than a month, the sequel to a current re-release to edit, a paranormal short releasing in October, and a superhero romance releasing in November. So mostly edits and blog tours.

You can find out more about Pippa at these links:

For Tyree of the Su, being an assassin isn’t simply something she was trained for. It's the sole reason for her existence. A genetically enhanced clone—one of many in Refuge—she's about to learn her secluded lifestyle, and that of all her kind, is under threat by a race capable of neutralizing their special talents to leave them defenseless.

For Zander D'joren, being a diplomat has not only cost him his appearance, but also the love of his life. Scarred, grieving, he must nonetheless continue in his role as co-delegate to the fearsome Tier-vane or risk a conflict that could only end one way.

Now both of them need to keep each other alive and maintain a perilous deception long enough to renegotiate the treaty with the Tier-vane, or throw their people into a war that could wipe out Terrans and Inc-Su alike. But there's more at stake than humanity, whether true or modified. Can the love growing between them save them both? Or merely hasten their destruction?

Tethered is available now at Breathless Press, Smashwords, ARe, Bookstrand, Amazon US, and Amazon UK.

1 comment:

Pippa Jay said...

Thanks for hosting me!