Thursday, July 17, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Adrienne Giordano

Today's guest is USA Today best-selling author Adrienne Giordano. Adrienne founded the Naperville satellite of Lady Jane's Salon along with fellow author Tracey Devlyn. (Tracey will be an Author Thursday guest here soon!)

Adrienne is talking about the second book in her Justice Team series. I'm currently reading the first book, Stealing Justice, and it's good stuff. Fans of romantic suspense should definitely check it out. :)

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Historical? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

My flavor would be spicy-light. I write romantic suspense and I’ve been told my books are steamy, but I honestly don’t think they’re that steamy. Maybe I shouldn’t be saying that! :)

I honestly believe my books are more about the sexual tension and the push-pull between the hero and the heroine and that creates the steam. I also like to include a bit of humor in my dialogue. Particularly with the men. On any given day, the conversations between men and their friends can be funny so I try to infuse that into my books.

2. I love hearing where romantic suspense authors get ideas for the crimes in their books. Where do you get your inspiration?

I am a true-crime junkie. I can’t get enough of it on television and in the news. I love to read the newspaper and sometimes a little snippet of something will spark an idea. The idea for The Prosecutor came to me after reading a newspaper clip about a man who spent twenty years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. I started to wonder what that must have felt like for his family and before I knew it, I had an idea for a book.

3. How would you describe Lady Jane’s Salon--Naperville to those who haven’t experienced it yet?

Lady Jane’s Salon is a live reading series that features romance and women’s fiction authors and their books. The Naperville salon is a satellite location to the original Lady Jane’s Salon in New York. Audience members at our Naperville salons indulge in decadent coffees and desserts while listening to authors read excerpts from their books. We generally have three to five authors at each of the salons so our audience has a great opportunity to discover new-to-them authors. I think of Lady Jane’s Salon as the adult version of being read a bedtime story. For more information on Lady Jane’s Salon-Naperville check out our website at http://ladyjanessalonnaperville.com/

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

Right now I’m reading 10% Happier by news anchor Dan Harris. In the book, he talks about the events that led him to discover meditation. I’ve recently started practicing Transcendental meditation so I’m able to identify with a lot of what Mr. Harris writes about. I’ve also just downloaded Carolyn Crane’s Against the Dark so that’s up next on my TBR list.

5. What are you working on now?

I have a couple of projects going now. I’m plotting my next Harlequin Intrigue and also drafting the first book in a new series. The new series will take place in Las Vegas, which is exciting for me because I love Vegas and have always wanted to use it as a setting.

And, of course, I’m getting psyched up for the July 21st release of Cheating Justice, book two in the Justice Series. I’m co-writing this series with the fabulous Misty Evans and it’s been an amazing experience. The book required massive research, and I think it’s probably the most involved plot I’ve ever worked on. Such fun.

You can find out more about Adrienne at these links!

Cheating Justice

For fans of Scandal and Justified. The second novel in the exciting and bestselling Justice Team romantic suspense series.

While investigating a government cover-up, former FBI agent Mitch Monroe is framed for murder. A wanted man, Mitch has no choice but to stay off the grid, and he needs Special Agent Caroline Foster—the FBI’s top sniper and a woman who wants nothing to do with him—to clear his name.

After sharing a single night of simmering passion with Mitch a year ago, Caroline hasn’t been able to get him out of her head. Or her heart. He's jeopardized her job once…helping him now could end her career. But a friend has been murdered, and no matter how Caroline feels about Mitch, he's not the killer. She needs answers, and she needs Mitch Monroe out of her life once and for all.

On the run and with no one to turn to, Mitch and Caroline can’t fight the reigniting passion between them. She’ll lose her career if she proves Mitch is innocent…he’ll lose his life if she doesn’t.

7 comments:

Brenda Rumsey said...

I love the push-pull chemistry of your characters and the non-stop, edge of your seat action. My one complaint is that you make me loose sleep as I can't put your books down. Congrats on your release next week!

Robyn Bachar said...

Agreed. I stayed up too late last night reading "Stealing Justice"!

Heather said...

Cheating Justice was awesome! The dialogue was great! The plot was so exciting! I can tell it was well-researched! You two did a magnificent job! Very interesting interview!

Adrienne said...

Thank you, Brenda. So nice to see a familiar name here! But I'm sorry you are losing sleep. Well, not really. :)

I hope you enjoy Monroe's book just as much.

Adrienne said...

Hi, Robyn and thank you as well. Misty and I have such a great time writing together. Although, I think she almost killed me with Cheating Justice. I kept changing the plot. :)

Adrienne said...

Hi, Heather. Yay that you enjoyed Cheating Justice. We had wicked fun writing this book. We're busy plotting the next one. Brice will be the hero for that book. :)

Heather said...

Ooooh! I can't wait!