Thursday, June 5, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Cora Cade

Cora Cade is made of awesome. Seriously, people. She has a dog named Hans Gruber, and if that doesn't win the Internet I don't know what does. I'm beginning to suspect that she was cloned from the same alien pod as me and BFF Diana. :-o

That said, I'm super excited to have her as my guest today. :-) (She also uses the magic words: Chris Hemsworth.) (And also sexy bearded men.)

1. What flavor is your writing? (Contemporary? Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

Well, I write Contemporary. The sweet and steamy kind. Currently I'm writing a series focused around a little lake in North Carolina. There may or may not be a ridiculously hot wounded Army Ranger fashioned after Chris Hemsworth in book one.

But I read across all genres. Crazy Harry Dresden fan girl? Right here. Love a sweet and quirky Julia Quinn historical? I own them all. Tattooed hot guy on the cover? Oh, yeah. And if there's a ninja somewhere, then I'm down with that too.

2. What drew you to writing about Army Rangers?

When I sat down with my main characters for MORNING LIGHT (book one in the series) I knew Noah, our hero, would be a tough as nails soldier coming home from active duty. And I have a deep and abiding love for history. Specifically World War II, as my grandfather was a veteran of the war. And if you've ever read BAND OF BROTHERS by Stephen Ambrose or even caught the HBO mini-series, then you'll completely understand why Noah was an Army Ranger, no questions asked. And if are (unfortunately) not familiar with the historical aspect of the Rangers, then you just need to know these men volunteer to jump out of airplanes for a living and are total BAMF.

Book two in the series is releasing July 29 and in TWO IN THE AFTERNOON we'll meet Callum Eversman, another Army Ranger, that steps in to protect our feisty heroine. And he makes me swoon!

3. You have a music page on your website (which is awesome). How does music inspire your writing?

I love that you looked at my music page! There is no way I could write a book in silence. Typically there's a song already in my playlist that helps build the mood I want to create. Music is constantly in the background of my life, so there's never a lack of options. But I definitely have my favorite artists. I wrote the entirety of MORNING LIGHT listening to one song. On repeat. For months. And I still get the warm fuzzies when I hear it, because it takes me back to the magic of writing my debut release.

Music not only sets the mood when I write, but it also helps me get into a character's head. On the website I break down the song I used for the overall inspiration and tone of the book and then the individual songs I used for the hero and heroine.

Also, Ben Howard is my music boyfriend. He could totally be yours too! Or I'd share my other music boyfriend Joe Purdy. But only if you love sexy bearded men.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

When I'm working on a project I tend to read off genre, away from what I write. I've been rereading some of my favorites so I can focus on my current WIP. And Jim Butcher has a new Dresden Files coming out soon, so I must be prepared and reread the older books so everything is fresh! Since Dresden is Urban Fantasy it doesn't distract me from my current project.

5. What are you working on now?

My first priority is finishing up book 3 in The Day of Pleasure series. I'm having a great time bringing Noah's brother Chris to his knees as he falls in love with our heroine.

Beyond that I'm fleshing out a Delta Force soldier's story that we briefly meet in TWO IN THE AFTERNOON. Gabe's story is loosely based on war veteran Alex Minsky's story. (Google that man! You will not be disappointed.) We'll be focusing on his war wounds and the loss of a leg, all while he meets the woman he didn't know was missing from his life. I'm so excited for this story that I'm practically bouncing up and down just thinking about it!

You can find out more about Cora Cade at these links:
Morning Light
A Day of Pleasure, Book 1

His toughest battle is ahead—the battle for one woman’s heart.

During Noah Harper’s ten years as an Army Ranger, Tennyson Sharpe’s letters were his lifeline. With each mail call, the bright and vibrant girl of his youth slowly became the woman of his dreams. Now he’s home—and he’s in hell. The problem? Tenn is his little brother’s best friend. Claiming her risks all kinds of collateral damage.

Tenn is getting nervous. Since Noah came home, they’ve been circling each other, neither willing to risk the status quo. It’s time to kick things up a notch and make a play for the man she’s loved since she was sixteen—before someone else does.

Dressing to impress works better than she could have dreamed. After a scorching interlude leads to a steamy morning wrapped in each other’s arms, reality comes crashing down. Shining a devastating light on Tenn’s deepest fears…and forcing Noah into scramble mode to convince her forever was always on his mind.

Warning: This book contains some serious foreplay in the great outdoors; stand-up sex with a hot, stand-up guy; and a wounded Army Ranger who’s determined to leave no heart behind—especially the one belonging to the girl of his dreams.

1 comment:

Cora Cade said...

HI! Thank you for having me AND for having awesome interview questions. I double love you for that!

And I'm pleased to be part of the alien pod. Couldn't ask for better company.