Thursday, May 8, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Paige Tyler

I've spent time hanging out with Paige Tyler at the last few Lori Foster Reader and Author Get Togethers, and Paige is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Seriously. If you have the chance to chat with her at a conference or signing you definitely should, because she's awesome. :) (And Paige and her husband are adorable together. That's him in the background of the photo helping her at a past RAGT signing.)

I'm excited to have Paige as my guest today, and she's talking about her new book Her Perfect Mate which is out this week!

1. What flavor is your writing? (Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

Hmm. I think my tagline says it best—“Hunky Heroes, Kickbutt Heroines, Unforgettable Romance.” Add in some steamy sex, nail-biting suspense and pulse-pounding action, and that pretty much sums it up!

2. Where do you get inspiration for your books?

I get inspiration from just about anything. Sometimes, I’ll read something in a newspaper or magazine that’ll spark an idea. Other times, I’ll overhear someone say something, and I’ll think, that’d make a great story. And then there are times when something someone says to me inspires an idea. Like with my new X-OPS Series. Hubby and I were at the Lori Foster Get Together in 2011, and were talking with some other authors about writing, the e-book market, promo, what New York is looking for, etc. We spent hours talking about making the jump from e-books to New York—something I seriously wanted to do. One of the authors pointed at hubby and suggested that I should be using his military experiences to lend an edge to my books that other writers might not have. Around this same time, there was a lot of Special Operations stuff going on in the news, and an idea started developing in my head. Wouldn’t it be cool to blend military elements with the paranormal—specifically shifters? That was the beginning of the X-OPS Series!

3. I heard that you have a sexy shapeshifter in your new X-OPS series. What is your favorite thing about writing shifters?

There’s something inherently sexy about shifters whether they’re male or female. I mean, they have an animal magnetism (pun intended!) that you can’t resist. Plus, they can usually kick some serious butt thanks to all their special abilities, which means writing awesome action-packed stories.

4. What are you reading now, or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

Right now I’m reading Tracie Puckett’s Just a Little Series. It’s not often I want to immediately reread a series after I finish it, but I’m almost finished with this series and I already want to read it again. If you love YA with adult-themes and an awesome hero and heroine, you have to read it!

5. What are you working on now?

Well, HER LONE WOLF, Book Two in the X-OPS Series, releases in November. So excited about that! It’s followed by an X-OPS Novella called HER SECRET AGENT that releases in December. It’s a fun story that gives readers inside info on the DCO, as well as gives them the skinny on some very important stuff that the other characters in the novels aren’t privy to. So, yeah, there are lots of OMG moments ahead for the X-OPS crew.

Right now, I’m working on the outline for the second book in my S.W.A.T. Series, aka my Special Alpha Wolf Team Series. If you haven’t figured it out from the name, it’s about a SWAT team made up of wolf shifters. Think hot guys in tactical gear with claws and you get the picture! The first book releases from Sourcebooks in early 2015, so I hope you’ll check it out!

And in between I’m also revising a book that was first published in 2008 called ANIMAL ATTRACTION (Alaskan Werewolves Book One). I’m adding new characters, more action and an additional story arc, and I’m loving it. Look for it in June!

Her Perfect Mate

He's a High-Octane Special Ops Pro

When Special Forces Captain Landon Donovan is chosen for an assignment with the Department of Covert Operations, he's stunned to find his new partner is a beautiful woman who looks like she couldn't hurt a fly, never mind take down a terrorist.

She's No Kitten

Ivy Halliwell isn't your average covert op. She's a feline shifter, and more dangerous than she looks. Her feline DNA means she can literally bring out the claws when things get dicey. She's worked with a string of hotheaded military guys who've underestimated her special skills in the past. But when she's partnered with special agent Donovan, a man sexy enough to make any girl purr, things begin to heat up. He doesn't think she's a freak-and he's smokin' hot. Soon they're facing a threat even greater than anyone imagines...and an animal magnetism impossible to ignore.

Read an Excerpt: http://paigetylertheauthor.com/BooksHerPerfectMate.html

Reviews of Her Perfect Mate:

"An absolutely perfect story-one I honestly couldn't put down. One of the best books I've read in years. I hope this is the beginning of a very long series, because I definitely want more of Paige Tyler's shifters." - Kate Douglas, author of the bestselling Wolf Tales and Spirit Wild series

"A wild, hot, and sexy ride from beginning to end! I loved it!" - Terry Spear, USA Today bestselling author of A SEAL in Wolf's Clothing

"Once I began, the outside world ceased to exist. It's exciting and fast paced." - Paranormal Kiss

"I love a good paranormal romance and this series has started off with a bang!" - Hopeless in Literature Reviews

Her Perfect Mate is available at:
Paige Tyler is a USA Today Bestselling Author of sexy, romantic fiction. She and her very own military hero (also known as her husband) live on the beautiful Florida coast with their adorable fur baby (also known as their dog). Paige graduated with a degree in education, but decided to pursue her passion and write books about hunky alpha males and the kickbutt heroines who fall in love with them. She is represented by Bob Mecoy.
You can find out more about Paige at these links:

3 comments:

Paige Tyler said...

Thanks so much for having me, Robyn!

*hugs*
Paige

Brenda Wheeler said...

Great interview, love Paige Tyler's books and I can't wait for more from this series...love love love it! :)

Paige Tyler said...

Brenda - Thank you so much! You rock!

*hugs*
Paige