Thursday, April 10, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Maddy Barone

My guest today is fellow Romance Diva Maddy Barone. I met Maddy at the Lori Foster Reader and Author Get-Together a few years ago. I'm bummed that I won't be able to see her and my other RAGT friends this year, but I hope to next year.

If you like werewolves, you should give Maddy's After the Crash series a try. It's fast-paced mix of time travel, paranormal, and post-apocalypse romance with an Old West feel.

1. What flavor is your writing? (Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

I think of my After the Crash novels as “Vanilla Erotic”. It’s hard to pin a single genre label on them, though. The heroines jump forward in time to a post-apocalyptic world that has few women, and where there are werewolves looking for mates. So is it a time-travel, post-apocalyptic, werewolf paranormal series? Or just paranormal romance?

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

My friends. Really. I wrote the first book, Sleeping With the Wolf, for a co-worker as a gag gift. She is the heroine and she wanted a western romance with cowboys and Indians, but she wanted werewolves and modern day women. She told me what she wanted her hero to be like. She wanted him to be native American, and a werewolf, and she wanted him to worship women without being a pansy. It was quite a challenge to come up with a setting and story that featured all those things. Voila, Taye Wolfe was born. In fact, the whole futuristic dystopian world was born.

3. I’m enjoying the After the Crash series (and your covers are gorgeous). Do you have a favorite character in the series?

Thank you! The cover artist for nearly all of the books is Lyn Taylor and I love the colors and layout she came up with.

It’s hard to pick an absolute favorite character, isn’t it? I think Tracker, from Wolf Tracker is my favorite. I just love those tall, silent and deadly heroes! But I suspect Sky, hero of the last book, will take the top spot.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I just finished Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop. I loved it. I loved the first book in that series too. It’s a completely different take on werewolves and vampires. It has a bare hint of romance in it, but this is primarily a fantasy series. I’m in the middle of Night Broken, the newest Mercy Thompson book by Patricia Briggs right now.

5. What are you working on now?

My editor at Liquid Silver and I are going through Wolf’s Vengeance right now. It is expected to release on May 26, 2014. After that I plan on a smoking hot ménage story for a Halloween boxed set. After that I can finally work full time on Wolf’s Princess, the last book in the After the Crash series.

You can find out more about Maddy here:
Sleeping With the Wolf

Carla is an up and coming country music star when she boards a plane for Denver in the year 2014. After the plane crashes in the year 2064 she learns that nuclear war destroyed technology and unleashed a plague that devastated the female population. Even now, decades after the plague has dwindled to isolated outbreaks, women are precious commodities to be fought for, and Carla finds herself offered as the prize in a Bride Fight. Alpha wolf Taye knows Carla is his mate. Losing her is unacceptable. He wins the Bride Fight, but can he win her heart?

No comments: