Thursday, April 3, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Lissa Matthews

I've had the pleasure of hanging out with author Lissa Matthews at a few Lori Foster Reader and Author Get-Togethers. Lissa is awesome and always fun to talk to, and I'm thrilled to have her as my guest today. :)

1. What flavor is your writing? (Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

Sexy, sassy, emotional, real...

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

Can be a line in a song, a phrase in a movie or television show, a place, a picture, a situation... For instance, I started on a thought for a continuation of an older series of mine today. I am the one in my house who usually takes care of household tasks, most maintenance and minor repairs (or sometimes major repairs). As I was decluttering and fixing a few small things and making a list of things I need to work on this week around the house, I realized that I should write the handywomen side of my Blue Jeans and Hard Hats series. Strong yet vulnerable women and strong yet vulnerable men are awesome in my eyes.

3. You have many eye-catching book covers. (Oh my. Is it warm in here?) Do you have a favorite cover?

Is it fair to say that each new one is my favorite? Laughs… Honestly, I love the cover from my latest Ellora’s Cave release, Slide Down On Me, but at the same time, the new cover for The Cupcake Cowboy is wonderful too. I can’t pick just one. Maybe I should have a cover contest sometime and let my readers decide…

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I have a huge TBR pile as we all seem to have. But what’s next for me is Fashionably Dead by Robyn Peterman, Talk This Way by Dakota Cassidy. I’m waiting on the next Brooklyn Sinners by Avril Ashton and Sharp Love by Ava March.

5. What are you working on now?

Several things. But then, I’m always working on several things: The Sticky Cowgirl (book 2, Lone Star Sweets), Shifting Currents (bear shifter), Exposed (M/M BDSM).

You can find out more about Lissa here:

Slide Down On Me

Small-town mechanic and tattooed bad boy Travis keeps his profile low, his needs satisfied outside the city limits, and his business running smoothly. He doesn’t cause trouble and he certainly doesn’t want any. Trouble finds him one scorching afternoon, however, in the form of the equally scorching Arabella Drake. The former heiress owes Travis for car repairs, money she can’t readily pay.

Their situation requires a creative solution, and while most of the town rejects Bella, Travis wants to ravish her. He offers a proposal, one that will soften the repair costs—and satisfy Travis’ longstanding wish to have Bella Drake naked, writhing and sliding down on every inch of him.

The Cupcake Cowboy

Raised to be a rancher and filled from boots to hat with stubborn determination, Jackson Dawson has chosen a career path no one saw coming. Cupcake baker.

The hitch in his plan? His equally stubborn, former pastry instructor Cass, who cautioned him even as she stole his heart.

Cass is willing to yield, but will Jackson bend, in this battle of wills where sugar and spice make everything naughty and oh so nice?

2 comments:

Chandra Ryan said...

Awesome interview!! And those are some fantastic covers. I couldn't choose between them either. They're both amazing :)

Lissa Matthews said...

If I do say so myself, I think I have several covers some people would have a hard time choosing betweeing...lol