Thursday, March 13, 2014

Author Thursday: Interview with Lynn Crandall

Today I'm excited to have Crimson Romance author Lynn Crandall as my guest, and she's answering questions about her exciting romantic suspense novels Dancing with Detective Danger and Always and Forever Love.

1. What flavor is your writing? (Spicy? Action? Space odyssey? Ninjas? All of the above?)

I don't know how I'd categorize the flavor of my writing in Dancing with Detective Danger and Always and Forever Love, but I was going for suspense, danger, and relationship development. I love exploring inner dynamics that move characters to do what they do, and then having them "see" their destructive patterns and finding love. There is sex, there is action in my books, but the danger comes from outer forces as well as the workings of releasing old beliefs.

2. Where do you get your inspiration?

My inspiration comes from real people I see struggling with relationships and personal growth. I think the average individual is complex, remarkable, and fascinating.

3. Dancing with Detective Danger and Always and Forever Love feature a pair of sisters who are private detectives. What drew you to writing about PIs?

I actually was interested in writing about sisters working together. I wanted to explore and present a family that is not the standard we all tend to believe makes a family. Could sisters work together, be different personalities, and still support each other. I made them private investigators because that naturally put them in dangerous situations and they would have to use their strengths and skills to be successful in their work.

4. What are you reading now or what books do you have in your TBR pile?

I just finished one of the books in the Dresden Files series. Love them! I've been reading them for a while. But right now I'm reading the final book in Kelley Armstrong's Nadia Stadfford series, Wild Justice. I love magic and fantasy, so I've read all Armstrong's books in the Otherworld series and Jim Butcher books. But I also enjoy the story of Nadia Stadfford, a wounded woman who respects the law but works as a hired assassin.

5. What are you working on now?

I'm writing a third book set in the town where the PI sisters live, but it focuses on their office manager, Michelle Slade. It's been suggested by my editor that it could be the first in a paranormal spin-off series. I'm super excited about it and am enjoying the challenge, in between thoughts of, "I can't do this!" I'm a pantser and it's a first for me to conceptualize more than one book at a time.

You can learn more about Lynn here:

Always and Forever Love

The presence of a ghost in her life doesn't alarm Lacy Aegar, in fact it makes her happy. Two and a half years ago when her dead husband Nicholas reappeared in her life as a full-bodied spirit, she questioned her sanity. But with Nicholas' explanation that there are things about life that are not as she's always believed, she settled into a pleasant routine of working with her sister at their private investigation business and enjoying home life with her now 10-year-old son – with Nicholas never very far away.

Lacey's complacency and sense of stability is sent topsy-turvy when she runs into Jackson Carter, the son of powerful and influential business tycoon, William Carter. Typical of the Carter reputation, Jackson's slick new private investigating business is siphoning off clients from the Aegar sisters' business, creating financial difficulty. It's a recurring nightmare for Lacey, who has already seen damage done by the Carter family, and when she encounters Jackson, she wants nothing to do with him.

But things are not what they seem when it comes to Jackson Carter, either. Unbeknownst to Lacey and her sister, Jackson is fighting a battle to preserve his business, too, and his integrity. For him, it's a fight for his soul, and he enlists Lacey's help because of her unique investigative skills and open heart. When she uncovers a mole in his business, she also discovers that one of his clients' drug trials has been given the green light to go to the next phase based on falsified data. As they work together to save both their businesses, Jackson and Lacey not only face death, they must come to grips with their feelings about love and life.

6 comments:

Rebecca C. Wright said...

Wonderful post, Lynn :)

Rebecca

Lynn said...

Thanks Robyn for hosting me! Nice blog!

Lynn said...

Thanks, Rebecca! I appreciate your visit.

Robyn Bachar said...

Lynn, if you're enjoying the Jim Butcher and Kelley Armstrong, you should try the October Daye series by Seanan McGuire. I'm reading book 6 right now and it's sooo good.

Lynn said...

Thanks for the reading suggestion. I'll put it on my TBR list.

RT Wolfe said...

You're writing book 3?!! Whoot! I am so out of the loop. Great news! Can't wait!
-R.T. Wolfe