Monday, June 3, 2013

My RAGT Reading Challenge Results


This is my third year attending the Lori Foster Reader & Author Get Together. It's a great time, and I always come home with a stack of books signed by my favorite authors. This year I heard about ABGR's Reading Challenge for the Get Together, and I decided to give it a shot. It gave me the opportunity to catch up on reading a few things on my TBR shelf, and introduced me to authors I hadn't read before.

These were the levels for the challenge:
  • Love Bites Level: 0-3 books
  • Bad Boys of Summer Level: 4-6 books
  • Buckhorn Level: 6-11 books
  • Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor Level: 12 or more books
And my total was (drumroll please): 13 books! Victory is mine!

Here, in alphabetical order, are the authors and books I read:

Maddy Barone, Sleeping with the Wolf. I picked up a (signed!) copy of this at the last RAGT, and I'm looking forward to acquiring more this year. This book is the first in Maddy's After the Crash series, and it has a bit of everything--shapeshifters, time travel, post-apocalypse, and a singer/songwriter.

Dana Marie Bell, Dare to Believe. This is the first Gray Court book, which I actually read after the second book. I love this series. I have a (signed!) poster of the Artistic Vision cover above my desk. And it was definitely entertaining to read on the bus (as in, "Is it warm in here? Oh my!").

Lori Foster, Hard to Handle, and Run the Risk. Action! Suspense! Romance! Good times. :-) After reading Run the Risk, I'm very much looking forward to picking up a copy of Bare it All, because I loved Reese and Alice. They were adorable.

Lora Leigh, Bengal's Heart, and Stygian's Honor. This was my first time reading about the Breeds, and I really enjoyed these. A lot. Seriously, people. I loved that the Breed heroes in these two books were big, tough alphas, and their heroines were even tougher and never backed down. The action, intrigue, and holy cow page scorching love scenes had me instantly sold.

Linnea Sinclair, Gabriel's Ghost, and Shades of Dark. (I'm also currently reading Hope's Folly, but I don't think I'll have it finished by Thursday.) I'd taken an online workshop from Linnea Sinclair before, so I knew she was made of awesome. The Dock Five books are just further evidence of that awesome. Because, DUDE. So good. It was one of those "Can't talk now, must read this" situations.

Shiloh Walker, If You Hear Her, If You See Her, If You Know Her, The Missing, and The Departed So I began my Shiloh Walker journey by reading The Departed. It quickly turned into a desire to READ ALL THE THINGS! Instantly hooked. I tore through the Ash trilogy in a few days, because I was just mesmerized. She's officially one of my new favorite authors.

I can't wait for the RAGT! See you in Cincinnati!

1 comment:

A Buckeye Girl Reads said...

You did a great job!! I didn't read nearly as many as I wanted to. ):