Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why No NaNo?

So you're probably wondering why I haven't been obsessing over NaNoWriMo this year. I did have a NaNo project planned, in fact it was a joint project with BFF Diana, but we didn't get it off the ground. We're still planning on working on that project together at some point, but we're focusing on other projects instead. (She has her first novel out on submission, and can use good vibes sent her way.) (I'm very proud of her. I love that book. I have my fingers crossed for her.)

I continue to be a huge fan of NaNoWriMo. Blood, Smoke and Mirrors was my very first NaNo novel in 2006. Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered was my 2010 NaNo novel. And now my 2011 NaNo, Poison in the Blood, has just been contracted by Samhain and will be out in 2013. NaNoWriMo has been a huge part of my life, and I think everyone at the Office of Letters and Light deserves major kudos for everything they do to make NaNo awesome.

In the meantime I've been working on the next Bad Witch book, which is Simon's book. (I just dropped a ceiling on him. He'll be okay.) And of course I've been promoting Fire in the Blood, and I'm also working on a fantasy series, and the next Cy'ren book. I also spend a lot of time yelling at cats to get down off of the counter.

So, what are you kids working on? Anyone about to achieve NaNoWriMo glory? Shopping for the holidays? I'm about to embark on my epic Christmas cookie baking soon.

No comments: