Saturday, November 5, 2011

NaNo 2011 Days 3-5

First, some inspiration! Or at least entertainment. Or a song that'll get stuck in your head...
Mmm, David Tennant...what was I saying? Oh. Right. NaNoWriMo.

So I was ahead, then I was behind thanks to the Saints Row: The Third release party last night. My husband, better known as the hippy, is a writer for the game (along with our buddy Steve, the head writer, who is one of my favorite people and was a groomsman at our wedding). So thus I got to attend the release party, which was awesome and a lot of fun, but kept me from writing yesterday.

After attending the write-in earlier today, my word count now stands at:



8730 / 50000
(17.46%)


Not bad. I'm just about right on track, and I'm going to write a bit more yet tonight. Which brings me to my favorite Emily Quote of the Day:

Jo sighed, wringing her hands. “What would your husband say?”
“Well if he was here, we could ask him. Note that he is not, and at the moment I do not care what he would say. If he was truly concerned about our welfare, he wouldn’t have become a chronicler.”
“You’re being unfair, Emily. It is a great honor to serve the Order as—”
“Spare me another lecture on how it is more important to be a chronicler than it is to be a husband and a father. I have heard it enough,” I exclaimed. The shrill note in my voice sent the baby into a chorus of shrieks, and I winced. Apparently he had heard it enough as well.

No comments: