Tuesday, November 29, 2011

NaNo 2011 Days 28-29



50015 / 50000
(100.03%)

Winner! Cue "We Are the Champions." ;)

I passed the 50k mark just after midnight, so now I will very quietly do my victory dance.

funny dog pictures - Scruffy get back here   No! I Must Dance!
see more dog and puppy pictures

I also finished the first draft when I crossed the finish line. No, I'm not giving you the last line, though if you've read Blood, Smoke and Mirrors you probably have an idea that Michael and Emily end up together. For a very looooong time.

Conveniently, the first round of edits for last year's NaNo, Bewitched, Blooded and Bewildered arrived in my inbox today. So I'll have something to keep me busy for a bit. ;)

And now, I bring you the final favorite Emily Quote of the Day:

We stepped into a room filled with tall, broad cabinets. Dr. Bennett crossed to one and unlocked it, revealing a variety of weapons within.

“May I have a pistol?” I asked, and received a chorus of “no”s in reply. “Why not?”

“Because you have no training with firearms, or weapons of any sort,” Simon replied.

Michael chose a more diplomatic answer. “You are just as likely to hurt yourself, or one of us, without proper training.”

“Then may I receive proper training after we rescue [spoiler!]?” I asked.

“Yes,” Michael replied, much to my shock. I had been expecting another automatic no.

No comments: