Monday, January 24, 2011

TBR Quest: Week 4, yeah...

As you may have noticed, like many people, I am having a difficult time getting my New Year's resolution off the ground. I thought it was simple enough. I mean, I love reading. It's not like I'm trying to lose weight or quit smoking. I have books that need to be read. It's not rocket science.

But I'm stalled at one book read. I'm not going to give up. I will read those books. I just need a new strategy, and this is a good time to try one. I recently submitted my fantasy novel to my editor (fingers crossed, people), and I'm between projects at the moment. Of course my muse, who has the attention span of "ooh, shiny!" immediately became distracted by a manuscript I've been picking at for awhile. (No, it's not the second Cat book. That's in a state where I hate everything and it's endingless.) All I need to do is rein my muse in and read.

Piece of cake, right?

No comments: