Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: Winner!

Today I crossed the NaNoWriMo 50k finish line. The story isn't finished yet, there's still a few epic fight scenes and a rousing "This day we fight!" speech left to write, so I'll be going for a while yet.

I thought I'd share a few highlights of the draft so far:
  • Number of f-bombs: 27
  • Times Cat tells Harrison to die in a fire: 3
  • Favorite new character: Patience Roberts
  • Favorite line at the moment: "If you drop Harrison into a pit of molten lava he’ll just become Darth Vader. No one wants that."
  • Number of times Cat has fainted: 0 (yay for improvement!)
So, my fellow writers, how is everyone else faring in NaNo land? Crossing the finish line? Or did you give up weeks ago? ;)

2 comments:

Meika said...

Yay, congrats! I've just barely made it to the 40k mark -- a long way to go for me!

Jenna said...

Hi Robyn! I just discovered you and you. Are. Goddess! Seriously, I want to kind of worship at your feet for a while.

Anyway... I made it to 50K too! The story is so crap.. but there is some good stuff in there that I'll be able to use. Yay!