Friday, October 1, 2010

It's That Time Again

No, not time for the Wheel of Morality. Time for National Novel Writing Month. Thirty days, 50k words, made of awesome. w00t! NaNo starts November 1st, but I'm already planning what I'm going to write. (Planning is allowed, per the rules. Actual writing is not.)

If you've been following along, you know that Blood, Smoke and Mirrors was my first NaNo novel. In fact, there's an article about it on the NaNo site (so cool!)(yes I'm a geek). I've done NaNo every year since. I haven't won every year, but I've attempted it. My second year I started Harrison's book, and got about halfway to the 50k finish line with it. So yes, ladies, there are plans for his very own book. One day...but before I can get there, Cat has some issues with him that she needs resolved. And thus, this year's NaNo will be Cat's second book.

But Robyn, you say, didn't you already start that book? I did, and I'm tossing it. New, fresh start. It didn't get past Chapter 2, due to a variety of thingies and problems and drama and just general Grr! Argh! There were a few sad panda tears. But I'm better now (and employed again, which is amazing for many reasons, and will save us from having to live in a van down by the river).

So now I ask you, my fellow authors: Who will stand with me? NaNoWriMo glory awaits us! No plot? No problem! You can always sleep in December...

11 comments:

Hailey Edwards said...

I've never participated in NaNo. Hmm. I do have a sequel I should be working on. I might give it a go. :)

Robyn Bachar said...

It's fun stuff. And there's a real sense of community as everyone starts complaining about their word count. ;) Plus I like going to the local write-ins, though I didn't get to do as many last year.

keithmelton said...

All right, I'm all in. I can't let Hailey beat me because she taunts like you wouldn't believe.

stickynotestories said...

If you'll be blogging your NaNo experience this year I've set up a NaNo Blogchain! You can find the info here: http://stickynotestories.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/nanowrimo-blogchain/

Hailey Edwards said...

Robyn, RD usually has a thread/group of authors participating in Nano. So we should be in good company. lol

And Keith, pfft. I am 100% sweetness and sunshine. Ask anyone who doesn't know me.

Robyn Bachar said...

That's true. I tried doing RoDiWriMo earlier this year, but I fizzled. ...actually I think I was working on the book I'm going to reboot for NaNo.

Diana said...

I'm not, because I don't think I'm going to finish SoD before then, and you would hurt me. :p

December said...

I'm doing a fast draft right now, so I probably wont.
Poo.
Plus I really need to polish up for Golden Heart.

Elizabeth said...

I've won twice, but I had to stop doing it because it's antithetical to my writing process right now. If I ever get to a point where my daily word count goal is a lot higher, I might try it again.

Devin said...

I'm in! And I need usernames so I can friend you. :) Mine is darkwolf58.

Robyn Bachar said...

Mine is ravnoschick. :)