Thursday, August 5, 2010

Where do we go from here?

Clearly you must be thinking, "Robyn, what will you do if you're not talking about gaming and writing?" Which is a valid question, because those are two of my favorite things. Today, however, I want to talk about reading. I confess: I don't just have a To Be Read pile, I have an entire bookcase. There are books that have been there since before I got married. I don't read as much as I used to, because I tend not to read when I'm writing, and I'm writing something almost all of the time. But I'm trying to whittle the pile down, honest! Or at least not bring new books into the apartment...until I bought my Nook.

Addiction, thy name is ebook. In my life before the Nook, I read ebooks on my laptop, and that was slow-going because of the myriad distractions of the intarwebs. The Nook does not have those distractions. In fact, the more I read on the Nook, the more I've come to realize that to me, it's even better than reading a print book, and here's why: font size. I can't change the font size on a print book, but when my eyes start bothering me I can make the font larger on my Nook and viola! Eyestrain gone! The only difference I've found is that instead of turning a page, I push a button, and I'm okay with that.

So what have I been reading on my shiny new Nook? Well if you follow me on Goodreads you'd know, because I'm good about updating it. ;) It's been a Samhain extravaganza: Blaze of Glory by Sheryl Nantus, Run, Wolf by Keith Melton, and Darkness at Dawn by Devin Harnois. All very good, and I recommend them. Next I'm planning on reading some fantasy romance, because that's what I'm working on at the moment. My question to you, o intarwebs, is what are you reading now? Is it awesome? Do you recommend it? And do you have any fantasy romance to recommend that I try out? I'm reading Lynn Kurland's Princess of the Sword right now.

4 comments:

morseren said...

I am reading Kat Richardson's Greywalker series and LOVING it! I just downloaded Katie Mac's reissue of her historical "Suffragette in the City" under her other name Kate Marsh.

Yes, NOOK equals LOVE:)

Robyn Bachar said...

Ooh, yes, I downloaded "Suffragette in the City" yesterday. It sounds fun. :)

1k Midnights said...

Last major book I read was "Changes" by Jim Butcher. With my pending e-reader, I will likely roll through tons of books soon here.

Tatiana Caldwell said...

I just sent you a friend invite on Goodreads.

And oh yes - I LOVE my Nook!

I'm like you, by the way - my TBR list is an entire bookshelf, not just a pile. When I'm not writing, I tend to be gaming (Fallout 3 and Dragon Age sucked me in for a looong time) and I have a TBP (to be played) pile too, heh.

But I too am trying to get more reading in. I just finished Elizabeth Hoyt's To Beguile a Beast and am about to start reading The Strain (a zombie horror) and Kindred by Octavia Butler.