Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Intarweb Tuesday: A Certain Point of View

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

On the Romance Divas forums there's a thread called "You know you're a romance author when..." and it's had some very awesome examples. (No I'm not sharing, you'll have to read it yourself.) ;) But it really shows how writers think differently from everyone else. We're special...obsessed really. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and think "OMG, that's a great story idea" and go in search of a notebook. Many of my great lines have been thought up in the shower. I pick apart whatever I'm watching and analyze it for character motivation and plot. Lemme tell ya, I have a bone to pick with Dragon Age, because there are so many elements of their "romantic" storylines that aren't romance, dammit! Okay, I'm better now...

My point is, authors are special. Now I'm going to return you to your regularly scheduled program so I can finally finish writing this epic love scene.

No comments: