Monday, January 4, 2010

It's a Brand New Day

I've decided to cave and do the obligatory New Year's post today, so we'll continue with the story of my path to publication another time.

There are many ways that 2009 was made of suck. Epic suck, in fact, but there were highlights to it. Among the best are that I became an aunt (and my itteh bitteh niece is really adorable), and that I signed a contract for my first book. I won NaNo for the second time. The husband and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary, and, in my humble opinion, our wedding still stands as being the best wedding ever. ;)

2010 holds the promise of being a good year. Blood, Smoke and Mirrors will be out in May. I'm working on the next book in the series, and I have high hopes for it. In April I'm attending the Chicago-North Spring Fling conference. My local RWA chapter continues to be supportive and made of awesome, and I'm looking forward to another year with them. I'll take more online workshops (currently I'm taking one on creating your own space military, which aside from being interesting I'm hoping to use in the space opera idea that's been kicking around in the back of my mind). Read more books. Hopefully see a Cubs game (it'd be even better if they win when I do).

I'm not going to make any resolutions, because I've learned that I never stick to losing weight or quitting smoking. Instead, I intend to take things as they come, do my best, and try to think positively. And write. A lot.

No comments: